Lieutenant from TES (Technical entry Scheme) and of NDA (National Defence Academy) both are Indian army officers and working equally hard to defend their country. Army never compromises on the quality of the officers. There is no difference in the training level. Both academies are equally prestigious. Both officers are respected equally no matter from which academy they come from. NDA is the best military academy in India and one of the best in the world. Both academies trained the upcoming nation servers.
Basic Point of difference between TES and NDA officer
- NDA is for all the streams. A candidate who is graduate in any stream can apply for this but in case of TES a candidate need to have graduation in engineering or technical stream i.e. B.Tech. Candidate need to score minimum 75% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths to get appear in TES.
- To crack NDA exam candidate need to clear two stages a) Written exam b) SSB round but for TES candidate can directly appear for SSB interview without taking any written exam.
- After clearing NDA exam candidate can go in three services namely Air Force, Army, Navy. But in case of TES he can only eligible for Army and Navy
- Training: A cadet spends 3 years in NDA and 1 year at IMA Through NDA Entry While TES Entry cadets spend 1 year at OTA Gaya and another 4 years at the respective military colleges. Total training years for NDA cadet is 4 years whereas for TES training is 5 years.
- Educational Requirement: If a candidate has done graduation in B.sc or BA he can go for NDA but if a candidate has don B.tech then he can apply both NDA and TES. So it is suggested to the technical student to make their option open for this.
- Difficulty: Difficulty level of both NDA SSB and TES SSB is different. For NDA candidate have to clear a preliminary exam the candidates who have cleared first round are called upon for second round i.e. SSB While in TES candidate need not to appear for any phase it is a direct entry so no. of candidates are more in TES than in NDA SSB. Moreover TES has less no. of vacancies , so it is more difficult to clear the TES SSB.
- Selection Procedure: To crack NDA exam conducted by UPSC candidate need to go for NDA exam preparation first and then appear for SSB on the other hand TES is direct entry scheme where the candidate will be called upo only when he has scored 80% in Physics/Chemistry/Maths.
- Monetary Benefit– TES graduates are offered higher salary packages than NDA graduates. Technical officers receive an extra Technical allowances. But NDA cadet does not get any technical allowance. But the salary package does not vary much.
For science background student TES is the best option to join army. TES grad becomes an engineer whereas NDA ones have many different options
The basic difference between TES and NDA is of streams. Candidate need to be very clear on differentiation between the two. After reading the article the candidate will be able to know which academy to join.